Summer 2023 FAQ & Safety
Which camps will be offered this year?
- Adventure Camp (2nd Grade – 8th Grade)
- Rookie Camp (Age 2 as of June 1st – 1st Grade)
- Tennis Academy (7-17)
- Power Tennis (12-17, Intermediate)
NO Extended Care (Before Care & After Care)
NO Mid Day camp
What should my child bring to camp?
All personal items need to be labeled with first and last name of camper. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
For specifics on each camp, please visit the links below:
What if I need to bring my child before the camp day starts?
Unfortunately, we will not be offering Before Care or After Care this year. Our counselors will be ready for drop-off beginning at 8:30am and pick-up between 3:30 and 3:45pm. Full Day Camp will run from 9:00am – 3:30pm and Half Day Camp will run from 9:00am – 12pm.
Should I pack a snack?
Yes. There will be no snack provided throughout the day or after camp and our Snack Shack will not be open. Rookie and Adventure Camp will have a morning and afternoon snack time.
Should I pack a lunch?
Lunch, snack, and a water bottle can provided from home each day, all labeled with your camper’s name. We will offer lunch this summer for $6/day.
Mon/Wed/Fri is Pizza. Tues/Thurs is Jersey Mike’s (choice of ham/cheese or turkey/cheese sandwich)
Do you have Swim Camps?
This summer, in lieu of weekly summer camps, Njswim Manasquan will be offering intensive weekly lessons, where students swim once per day for 5 days straight along with regular weekly small group and private lessons. For more information visit NJSWIM.com. Your child should bring 2 towels, goggles and a snack. Water shoes or sneakers are required- no flip flops. There is no lunch for swim campers.
How are the campers grouped?
All Rookie Campers are grouped by age and schedule. Adventure campers are grouped by the grade they are entering in the fall and gender. Tennis and Swim campers are grouped by age and ability.
What are the days available for camp?
- We can offer 5-Day options only for Adventure and Rookie Camp; This can be either half day (9:00am-12pm) or full day (9:00am-3:30pm)
- Tennis Camps are weekly
- Counselors will be ready to greet your child at 8:30am
- Our camp day will be extended to 3:30pm.
- There will be no Mid-Day Camp or Before or After Care this year.
Where is drop-off?
- Adventure Campers will drop off outside of the field house on the black top. Campers should be dropped between 8:30am- 9am to be checked in and brought to their group. Any camper arriving after 9am must come to the office and we will escort them to their group. We ask that you make every effort to be here during the check in time frame.
- Rookie Campers will report to the Atlantis Prep School building. Each camp group is assigned a “home base” classroom at the school. Parents will not be permitted in the building at any time. Counselors will be there to escort your camper to their classroom.
- Tennis Academy drop off is at Tennis #2
- Power Tennis drop off at Tennis #1
Where is pick-up and what is protocol?
All campers must be signed out by a parent or guardian, Campers will not be released to siblings. Campers must have a parent pick up form completed on who is authorized to pick up the child. If someone is picking up your camper and is not on the list, please call our camp office so we can let the counselor know. All persons picking up must show valid ID
- Adventure Camp
- Pick up Half Day Campers (8:30-12) Campers will be ready for 12pm pick up out in front of the Atlantis Prep School. Please make sure you have ID as the counselors will be checking until they get to know you. No camper will be released to a person not on the list.
- Pick up Full Day Campers (8:30-3:30) Campers will be ready for 3:30pm pick up on the side of the Fieldhouse (inclement weather will be in the turf center) Please make sure you have ID as the counselors will be checking until they get to know you. No camper will be released to a person not on the list.
- Pick up will be either out front of the Atlantis Prep School or the back door of your child’s classroom. You will be informed of the location on the first day
How many counselors are there per group?
Rookie camp will have 16/group with 2 counselors. Adventure will have 25 per group with 3 counselors
What is your refund policy?
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR MAKE UP FOR DAYS MISSED DUE TO ANY REASON
What if my child is sick or away and can not attend?
We do not do make up days for camp. If your child is sick or chooses not to come, there will be no refund or credit given.
What if my child needs medication during the camp day?
We have a camp nurse on staff for any child that is sick, gets hurt or needs medication. Any medication needs to be brought in the original bottle with the prescription label attached.
Can I sign up the day of camp?
Pre-Registration is required. We can not take walk-up registrations this summer.
Can my child swim in the deep end of the pool?
All campers must take a deep end test to be allowed to swim in the deep end of the pool. The lifeguard will observe the camper swim 2 full laps of the pool and tread water for 1 minute.